About Me

I am a twenty-something approaching life with much happiness, optimism, excitement, and anticipation.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Maryland

College Park, Maryland. Chad moved up here in August to attend University of Maryland-College Park. He is in the Criminology Master's Program. If you're reading this you probably know that we had always lived in the same town...minutes apart. Him moving was a big change first and foremost for him, but also for us. We try to see each other once a month and those visits are the highlight of each month for me. I love the drive or flight to Maryland. I love the time spent seeing a movie, grabbing dinner, seeing things I've never seen, or simply doing nothing at all. Doing nothing at all together is the best. I have been in Maryland since Saturday and it is Tuesday. I'll leave in the morning to go back to Bowling Green. Yesterday I got to go to the campus with Chad and visit his office and the classroom in which he is a Teacher's Assistant for undergrad courses. I love being here and am actually looking to move closer upon graduation in May. At that point Chad will still have another year in the program. Leaving is always the hardest thing to do. The drop-off at the metro station is so sad. But...this time it won't be as bad. Chad's spring break is next week and so he will be back in Kentucky on Saturday and Bowling Green probably Sunday. We are both so excited to get to spend so much time together this month. And then, really it's only 2 more months until the distance is over.
Relationships and people are what make any sadness worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment