About Me

I am a twenty-something approaching life with much happiness, optimism, excitement, and anticipation.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Goals for Kentucky

As most of you know we're going to be moving back to Kentucky very soon and absolutely can not wait. As I type this we're actually waiting for someone to come look at our apartment!! YAY!

I decided to make a list of goals that I hope to achieve and develop into a daily routine and lifestyle once we move back.

1. Save more money. I have been doing great at using coupons. This also means no unnecessary expenditures--pedicures, manicures, hair coloring--I can do all of this myself and have been for a few months now. I do desperately miss these little treats though.

2. Saving money ties into my second goal which is to cook 6 out of 7 nights a week (normally we cook about 5 nights of the week), taking my lunch to work (instead of eating out) 4 out of 5 days a week, and bringing my breakfast and coffee from home, rather than stopping at McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, or Starbucks. This also gives me the opportunity to try out all kinds of new recipes!

3. Cooking more should also help with the big goal of losing weight. I know weight loss seems like a mandatory point for a to-do list, so I'm going to be honest for the sake of my readers. I have gained more weight and weigh more since moving to Maryland last August than I ever have in my life. Although this seems like an excuse I'm ready to be back with real friends who will work out with me (Amanda) so I can get on a good exercise regimen. I am ready to put clothes on and them fit... rather than be too tight. I'm ready.

4. I would also like to start working on looking more polished. Those days where I feel very put-together and polished, I radiate confidence and I love that feeling. Feeling good about how you look to the outside world only helps with all smarts you may possess! I expect Sarah to help me with this!


I love and would appreciate all of the help and support I can get in accomplishing my goals. Does anyone else have goals they need support or motivation to help achieve? Let's share!

6 comments:

  1. Loooove this! 1 & 2 would definitely be WAY hard for me. I have to have my mani's, pedi's, & hair colorings, even though I would save lots of $ without.. Help me overcome this addiction! & cooking, well I'm getting there, but would be hard to do more than 1 night a week, ha! Loving your goals though, exciting:)
    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very thankful for your post Chels. We can DEFINITELY work on these goals. I'd even give you pedicures and color your hair to help you save money. And from now on when you play house you can cook more :) OR just come eat my cooking!! I love you more than life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I feel like we should type these goals out and post them in our rooms. I want to accomplish all these things as well. If we lived in the same city.... we could work on them together. Just saying. :) Love you. We will accomplish these things.

    Speaking of which, Id like a Bucket List post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your goals! All very awesome and you'll feel so positive when you're doing it. Cooking will be great for both you and Chad, learning to cook together - and eating leftovers for lunch :-) I definitely love the feeling more polished thing! It's something all of us tend to loose during college and it's hard to get into that routine but it's true, you'll radiate confidence! It really does make a difference. While your appearance certainly isn't the MOST important thing we often forget that our appearance sending a message to everyone. :-) Ask for advice whenever you wish! But, you already have a good thing going. Love you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I know how to do the acrylic nails! haha and I can do neat designs lol. But all in all, I admire you for these goals! I am trying to do a few of them, but with my work study only working 20 hrs a week (once school starts) and i dont think i will be able to save that much because thats like putting 2 tanks of gas in my car (ok im exaggerating but you know what I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your support. I'm really going to let this blog hold me accountable and keep you guys updated--as I succeed AND fail.

    @Megan, we are definitely typing these out. OUR GOALS. We'll keep each other in check from an hour away. :)

    @Sarah, your poise and grace inspire me and I admire you. Throughout your journey as a newlywed (SO SOON--SO EXCITED!) we can share recipes, etc. and you can help me with a new professional (and sexy) look and wardrobe. K?

    @Kaitlyn, girl... I couldn't save any money while in college either... it's not expected then, and it's still hard when you graduate, but I'm going to try!! And how about a nail date (since you're such an artist!) next time I'm in town? :)

    ReplyDelete