About Me

I am a twenty-something approaching life with much happiness, optimism, excitement, and anticipation.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Graduation

Well... graduation has come and gone. Do I feel different? No.. of course not. Not at all. There have only been two conversations that have even made me realize that I am not longer a WKU student with a major, but rather a WKU alum with a degree (well not TECHNICALLY yet.. as they don't send them out until like 3 weeks after graduation! haha!).
My roommate was discussing my political science major and then in a split second said "no.. I'm sorry.. your degree in political science."
And then another night I was explaining to someone why I had to get out of bed at 12:30 a.m. to go pick friends up from the bar on a weeknight and I said "because we're in college.. it's what we do...oh wait.. no.. we're still in college.. I have to feel that way right now or I'm going to breakdown and cry.." haha.. oh well.
Graduation weekend was a blast. My family, Chad's family, and my best friends (both high school and college) all in one place celebrating with me. The ceremony itself was annoying and long, but dinner afterward and then the bar into the early morning hours was a blast.
I am now working full-time still at my job and just enjoying life. Amanda (my roommate for 2 years and great friend for all of college) moves to Florida this coming weekend.. it's freaking me out. We haven't actually dealt with the fact yet that we won't live together anymore. She's one of the most amazing people I've ever met and the best friend and roommate I ever could have asked for. This will be a major change. So for the next month-ish I will live by myself in Bowling Green.. but it's pretty fun and exciting (as I've done it the past 2 winter and summer breaks during college) nonetheless.
This is an exciting time in my life, but I really need to get on the job finding/apartment hunting bandwagon! haha!
Everyone, wish me luck. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment